PacketLogix, a Rhode Island-based technology IT reseller and Managed Services Provider (MSP) is seeking a motivated, self-starter for the position of Client Support Technician (CST). This is a permanent, full-time position with benefits. We are growing our client base and projects within existing clients and need technical assistance. The primary role of the CST is frontline helpdesk and project support. You’ll be working along-side senior technical staff to learn and work on a diverse project base in addition to providing day-to-day support to clients.
PacketLogix CSTs have a wide range of functions within the organization. Core to their capabilities are:
- Frontline helpdesk remotely at PacketLogix office and onsite at client locations
- Assist in projects as needed. Training will be provided and may include:
- Configuring desktops, laptops, and servers
- Staging, installing and troubleshooting switches
- Pulling cable
- Meticulous closet, IDF, and MDF cabling and rack cleanups
- Wireless site surveying and virtual design
- Other technical functions as needed
- Travel to our client’s offices to provide support, troubleshooting, and training
- Must be dependable, have their own transportation, and a clean driving record.
- Employment is conditional upon passing a Rhode Island background check.
Personal skills must include:
- Professional appearance in PacketLogix apparel and personal grooming
- Pleasant and easy to work with demeanor
- Positive can-do attitude
- Sense of urgency and great time-management skills
- Hard working to find solutions, not create excuses
- Clear, straight-forward and honest communication style
- On time to PacketLogix office (Warren, RI) and client’s locations
- Self-starter and eager to learn new technologies – training will be provided
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions thoroughly
- Follow up and follow through are of paramount importance
Business skills must include:
- Strong written and verbal communication both internally and with clients
- Excellent customer service attitude and customer management skills
- Ability to manage the multiple technical aspects of a project from pre-sales to completion
- Excellent documentation skills within our PSA tool (Kaseya BMS)
- Ability to absorb vendor technical trainings and pass certification tests
- Applicant must maintain a high level of professionalism with clients, vendors, and staff
Technical skills should include:
- Ability to autonomously conduct technical research when searching for a solution
- Basic understanding of networking, VLANs, LAN, WLAN, and WAN technologies
- Knowledge of IP networks and IP addressing
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, VMWare etc.)
- Experience in building a workstation, laptop and server – hardware and software
- Excellent mechanical installation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail on installations – taking great pride in one’s work
- Keeping a clean and neat work environment in office and at client’s locations
- Aesthetically appealing installation work
- Setup and configuration of networks and servers and workstations
- Setup of Email/Web Solutions
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of computer equipment
- Knowledge of POP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP
- Use of PSA and RMM tools recommended
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide outstanding technical support to clients
- Travel to client sites and project locations as required
- Must have excellent research and troubleshooting skills and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide telephone and remote support to our customers.
- Work with internal and external technical staff and vendors
- Provide IT and network audits, training shall be provided
- Conduct wireless network site surveys and assessments, training shall be provided
- Conduct predictive wireless network designs using Ekahau Connect software
- Assist keeping internal IT systems operational
- Other related tasks and projects
Position benefits include:
- Diverse and challenging projects and client environments on which to work
- Very competitive compensation package (based on experience)
- Technical training and company-paid testing fees (as needed)
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid sick days and holidays
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Help desk experience required
- Technical and mechanical aptitude is a must
- Both customer and past employment references required
- Undergraduate Bachelor's Degree suggested
- Technical field experience a plus.
This job may require lifting of up to 40 lbs. This position requires daily frequent travel throughout the mid-Atlantic to Northeast Atlantic region of the US. Candidate must provide own transportation and proof of car insurance.
PacketLogix, Inc. is a Rhode Island-based IT systems integrator and managed services provider (MSP) focusing on network-centric business solutions such as wireless networking, network security systems, point to point wireless bridges, passive/active network access devices and customer-driven services. We are a small, dedicated group of individuals committed to fostering a fun, progressive and innovative work culture. We specialize in niche technologies; we become technically dominant in them while driving revenue for our manufacturers and increasing ROI value for our customers. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of benefits for our employees and pride ourselves on having fun while in the office and on the road. To learn more about us, visit www.packetlogix.com.
PacketLogix is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, age, handicap, color, religion, sex, national origin, or veteran status.
Kindly forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.